Chimney fire damages Guntersville home | News
GUNTERSVILLE, AL (WAFF)- Emergency crews responded to a fire at a Guntersville home Friday.
Officials received the call around 9 a.m. The fire
reportedly started in the chimney of the home on 78 Riverbend Circle.
The homeowner tried to put out the fire with a fire
extinguisher but became overwhelmed and had to flee the home.
When firefighters arrived, the fire had spread to the attic.
The home sustained heavy smoke and water damage.
No one was injured.
Copyright 2013 WAFF. All rights reserved.